Hello there! Where has this year gone? There have been so many interesting finds for me this year, some old, some new. Before all the New Year’s festivities, here is a small tribute to the products that have served me so well during 2018.
All in all, I used many products both new and old releases, and I can say that I found myself using the old and trusted. I didn’t do it on purpose, I just think that I am not very easily moved by the trends. Let’s begin!
- For foundation, I used my trusty Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. It evens out my skin, it is lightweight, and it looks nice and natural.
- For concealer, I use the Clarins Instant Concealer. It is such a throwback, I know, but it does a very good job, it is easy to use (I blend my concealer either with a brush or a small sponge) and it lasts for ages (the tube contains 15ml as opposed to 4ml for example of the new Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away concealer).
- I love the Becca shimmering skin perfector in Pearl. It is very subtle and looks natural. My only complaint is that the pump dispenses much more product than I need. I wish they changed it for a pump with the feature of dispensing an amount
- For blush, I discovered the NARS Orgasm. I know you’ll say “what do you mean discovered? It’s been here for years and years”. And I ‘ll agree, but I have to inform you that your girl here does not buy every single hyped makeup product! I can confirm though that It is glorious! Even though I was scared to see the amount of shimmer and glitter in the pan, I decided to give it a try, and I am happy to report that it is not so glittery when you put it on. Plus, you don’t need a highlighter! 😀
- For sculpting, I still love my Kevyn Aucoin sculpting powder in medium. It is just perfect for contouring, it looks like a real shadow on the face.
- As far as eyeshadows were concerned, I was really in the mood for blushed nudes and warm brown shades. Too Faced chocolate bar palette deserves an honourable mention here as well as UD Naked 3 palette, but I used them mostly in December. The year-round winner is Natasha Denona Palette 5 in 02 (Did you know that Cult Beauty now brings Natasha Denona? You are welcome! 🙂 ). Her eyeshadows are very beautiful, despite their price, I think you will make good use out of them if you buy the colour combination that you like the most.
- For brows, I loved Glossier boy brow! It looks so natural on the eyebrows. The only issue is that a lot of product comes off when I open a new tube, so I just make sure to apply the product on a
spooliebrush that I have (or an old boy brow wand if you prefer) and I brush it through my eyebrows. For my brow technique, you can find more information here.
- For eyeliner, I loved Maybelline’s Master Precise liquid eyeliner! It is very good, it stays put, it is inexpensive and easy to use, what else should I ask for?
I left my favourite makeup category for the end of the makeup section.
I honestly couldn’t decide! It was so hard, because I am a lipstick lover, and I used so many lipsticks, so I had to include at least two!
- I loved the Tom Ford Casablanca lipstick (which I got with a 40% off during Black Friday!) because it looks like the perfect “my lips but better” kind of colour (and perhaps I should also add “but
- Also, I fell in love with Lisa’s lipsticks, and I would love to include all three of them, but I chose velvet jazz because I feel the most comfortable wearing it out of the three. They are perfection!
- I would like to add a bullet for three more lipsticks (because I am a lipstick lover, I told you!) for Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Queen, Walk of Shame, and Secret Salma. ( I know I have a thing for berry and rose tones!)
- My everyday essentials were Lixirskin Universal Emulsion for everyday skin hydration and Apivita Cleansing Foam for cleansing. The Universal Emulsion is very hydrating, I use it on my face and neck
and . TheApivita Cleansing Foam is effective and gentle enough for everyday use. Plus it contains 98% natural ingredients.
- For more special “treatment”, I love the UFO Ultra-Clarifying Facial Oil by Sunday Riley, for the days when I felt there was a spot coming, and Omorovicza Miracle Facial Oil for hydration and soothing. I do notice a difference when I use this oil, it feels gentle and my skin feels smoother and softer afterwards.
I hope you liked my 2018 beauty favourites! Let me know if you want me to do a post with makeup tool favourites of 2018! Thank you so much for being here, it means so much to me!
Have an awesome 2019! Happy New Year!